Pineapple pastry itself tastes great...So the adding butterscotch to it..Just imagine how it tastes :)
Pineapple Butterscotch PastryPineapple pastry itself tastes great...So the adding butterscotch to it..Just imagine how it tastes :)Krishna Girish
All purpose flour
1 1/2 Cups
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree,10 mins before baking.
- Sieve together all purpose flour,baking powder,salt,cornflour and keep it aside.
- Separate egg white and yolksBeat the egg yolks with powdered sugar, essence and water, till it is thick. Beat the egg whites till it form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, alternately with the flour mixture, very carefully and without allowing the bubbles to subside.
- Grease a baking tin and bake immediately in the preheated oven for 30-35mins.. Remove the cake from the tin and invert on a greased butter paper, while its still hot. Let the cake cool completely.
- For butterscotch:-Heat sugar in a non stick pan with 1-2 tbsp water, when it start caramelises, add chopped nuts and butterscotch essence and switch off the flame.
- Make sure the nuts are coated well with the caramel. Pour the praline onto a baking/parchment paper. Let it cool. Crush them using a rolling pin.
- Drain the juice from the pineapple tin and keep aside. Cut the pineapple into small pieces. Use the syrup to moisten the cake.
- Now cut the cake into 3 layers.Moist the cake using pineapple juice,spread cream and put chopped pineapple and butterscotch.Repeat the process until all the layers are done.Finally cover it with cream and decorate as per your taste.